Sunday, December 26, 2004

Guest posting

With one click, you can see what my baby brother is recommending. Larry is the executive director of the Practice Management Section of the American Bar Association in Chicago and a prolific reader.

Unlike me, he has always lived in a large metropolis (Atlanta, Denver, Chicago), and was often my source for hard-to-find autographed copies. For many years, his hometown independent bookstore was The Tattered Cover, which is, perhaps, the finest bookstore in the world. If you are ever in Denver, you should make it a point to stop in to one of their three locations and see the model after which we have modeled ourselves.

So, without further ado, here is Larry's end of the year reading list:
http://www.larbotoday.blogspot.com/

3 Comments:

Blogger The New Albanian said...

Randy keeps peeling away the mysterious layers of his life ... a daughter, a brother ... what's next, his great uncle William Faulkner?

10:49 PM  
Blogger edward parish said...

Hence the signed Crichton copies?
Larbo wrote -"In June, I was fortunate to represent Destinations Booksellers at the BEA Book Expo, where I met dozens of editors and authors, and picked up some signed copies of books (or uncorrected page proofs for Fall 2004 books)"

7:15 AM  
Blogger All4Word said...

No. Larry doesn't get credit for that. Those Crichton copies were obtained by the exercise of enthusiasm, charm, and greenbacks. I have a tremendous contact at HarperCollins who keeps me ahead of the game on such things. Not every start-up gets a shot at such treasures, by my pal continues to do me favors.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home