Friday, January 21, 2005

Priceless

So…I hear I missed the good part of last night's city council meeting.

According to reports I heard (and which won't likely make the papers) council member Price became incensed when a citizen called for enforcement of the law at private clubs in the area. Specifically, Price leapt to the defense of illegal gambling, saying, in essence, that anyone who wanted to enforce such laws was a “Nazi.” All hell broke loose before law enforcement stepped in, but not before Price made this priceless (no pun intended) remark in defense of a local VFW hall and its membership: “Why, these people gave their lives for this country.”

I understand the folks in attendance were rather amazed to learn about this. Could we have had spectres roaming the halls along Grant Line Road all these years? Are the undead particularly good at gambling? I guess they have nothing to lose, huh?

I have to admit that when I heard about this, I couldn’t resist thinking the story of the VFW zombies would make a fantastic book. Could this be the destination tourist draw we've been looking for?

Oh, and my apologies if Mr. Price was not the member who inadvertently provided this scoop.

1 Comments:

Blogger The New Albanian said...

Indeed, it was Councilman Price.

The other quote of the evening came from Councilman Coffey, who referred to the ordinance enforcement input offered by City Attorney Gibson, then added: "I won't argue with an attorney - that's his job."

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home