Saturday, June 25, 2005

Patron Review

Back in the winter, I asked one of our patrons to give us a review of a book we were considering. Most of you have seen one or more of our advance reader copies. Those are the books provided to us so we can evaluate them.

Ann and I like this book, but we're both pretty far removed from our days as teens, or even as the parents of teens. The book is out and growing daily in popularity among our younger patrons, not to mention aunts, uncles, grandmas and grandpas.

Nastybook
by Barry Yourgrau (HarperCollins, ISBN 0060579781, $11.99)



Dear Destinations Bookstore

I would really like to thank you for giving me the opportunity to read the Nastybook! I thought it was a great book that kids like me will really like. Nastybook was pretty easy to read; every chapter was a totally different story. So this book is always exciting because each chapter is different with new characters and situations. It was really funny and clever. And at the same time each story has a moral or lesson. Overall it was a great book. I really liked it and would recommend it for kids of all ages.

Thanks,
Josh Lewis (age 12)



Yourgrau is already hard at work on his next book for HarperCollins children's and young adult book division.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home